Share with friends - bookmark

Share

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Meet the Artists - Part 2

Vikki Flawith


Vikki Flawith is a singer, a voice teacher, a songwriter/composer, a published writer, and a visual artist. Her artwork has been shown at the “Two Sister’s Studio/Gallery” on Savary Island (2004-2008), as well as the “Esquimalt Painters Spring Art Show” and at the “Saanich Municipal Art Gallery”.

Vikki explains about herself , “When I paint, I seldom begin with a plan or an image. I see colours. I mix the paints and my brush begins to move across the canvas, inviting me to follow. I’m never quite sure where I will end up. I think my work reflects my love of nature, light, colour, stories. Painting seems to take me to a special place. It calms me, helps me to focus my scattered mind, and expresses something within me, all at the same time.”

Vikki's ability to utilize her spirit within, allows for the child in all to connect with her works.  Once you have the pleasure of meeting this woman, you cannot help but sense her energy as a calm and peaceful, content world.  Where you can sit back and enjoy the tranquility and sense of adventure her works bring to the surface.

Vikki studied art with visual artist Robert McInnis during high school. He taught her line drawing, taught her to appreciate poetry, and introduced her to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings". Later, she studied graphic arts with Stan Newman (New Man Design) in Burnaby. Her photographs have been published in several Vancouver newspapers and magazines.

She is a welcomed addition to our gallery.  Always willing to explain her works and inspirations with all who ask.  You can follow up with Vikki by contacting her at any of her websites below.  A welcomed review of her works can be posted on our website by viewing any of her pieces and clicking on the review area in the description dialogue.  If you are seeking a specific image - she might just be willing to give it a try - by letting her brushes flow!



No comments:

Post a Comment